04 April 2008

Race : a review

Have you been happy lately? living a life in absence of anger? Well then, I recommend you Race. Watch it if you really wish to heat every neuron in your brain. Really, at least I came through those series of fluctuating level of anger during its entire run.
The movie starts okie. Good, like a hollywood movie, goes past one month back and the story starts. Till it reaches the same point(the accident), everything's fine, superb acting by all the biggies! Then comes the myriad twists and turns, which wont make you excited, but surely make you bored. "Too many cooks, spoil the broth", anywhere that idiom fits is here. My god how many twists and turns, even the director must have been confused while visualizing the script during the preparation.
While watching the movie, I friend aptly said, the director(s) must have seen a lot of hollywood movies. :) Seriously, they have tried to put everything in one movie and in turn the movie has nothing to offer, cheap thrills, sleazy act between Saif and Bipasha, that's it. That's Race for you. And I don't blame the duo of Abbas-Mustan, for it's been long and hard wait for them to celebrate a hit. I sympathize.
Do you know what I thought about this movie afterwards??? If Ram Gopal Verma had laid hands in this script, he would have come up with at least five movies. Such is his versatility :), no wonder he keeps on producing flop after flop.
Race, go for it, if you are living a happy life, haven't been annoyed with anybody for long, and of course, watch Saif Ali's good sense of choiced clothing and of course his acting, Katrina's "Touch me! Touch me!" act, Akshay's curt brilliance and old war-horse Anil Kapoor tickling his funny bone. At last I rate Race a two out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment