13 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! Did u hear that from somebody? did u? Okie, did u wish somebody? Well... I did. :)
This Valentine's Day brings me the vivid memories of my college life, and I'm all smiles. Valentine's day used to be amusement for us, me and my bunch of friends. All set from a week or two before, plans in place, targets locked(each of our ladies chosen), we used to wait for this day to come, revising and re-devising the plan, trying to change the targets and swapping them. Wonderful memories! At that time, our innovation always used to be at its best, creativity oozing out from everyone of us. How would one approach to his valentine-to-be, what choicest of words one would be saying, attacks and counter-attacks. It used to be no less than a chess match, the only difference was we were players and we ourselves were the set-pieces. The long awaited day, 14th of February, would come, we used to raid the town, fully loaded with emotions, sometimes we used to hit targets and other times(well most of the times) we used to return empty-handed, emotionally drained. But still our valentine's day would continue for another one week or so. There's a different kind of joy when good things lengthen, get stretched. So we used to stretch the V-day too. And why shouldn't we? After all those days of preparation.
And gradually all would fade away... some happy with their targets, some happy without them, waiting for another V-day to come.
But as they say, life has to move on and so did I, and now I've come a long way from those days, and I'm into a relationship, that too a steady one, I still miss those days, the thrill, the anticipation, acceptance, rejection, happiness, gloom, everything.
I long to go back in those days where Valentine's Day used to be a 2 weeks' affair, preparation, execution and aftermath. I know I can't, but still I long to...
Anyways, memories remain, to cherish! This retrospection gave me a really happy feeling. Thank you guys, without you those days wouldn't have been such enjoyable.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment